Dark and deep colour with nice purple highlights.
A perfume of ripe and fresh black fruits (blackberries – blackcurrants – bilberries) dominates with an intensity rarely reached. The texture is all in unctuousness with a tannic structure perfectly integrated and coated.
The silky smooth finish has a very long finish. It has the gluttony and generosity of the 2009 vintage without its exuberance and it has the tannic dimension of the 2010 and its minerality without its austerity. One can dream of its future in bottle!
APPELLATION:Haut-Médoc – Cru Bourgeois
CLASSEMENT:Exceptional Cru Bourgeois
– 17,95 hectares of vines
– Sols : a deep layer of Quaternary Gunzian gravel on the Arcins plateau, near the Gironde estuary, which moderates weather conditions here
– Planting density: 10 000 vines per hectare
– Average age of vines: 40 years old.
– 36% Cabernet Sauvignon provides structure, aromas and fruitiness
– 55% Merlot roundness and richness
– 9% Petit Verdot that offers colour, structure and freshness.
– 49% Cabernet Sauvignon
– 45% Merlot
– 6% Petit Verdot
Merlots: 19 september (parcelles précoces) – 2 october
Petits Verdots : 5 and 6 october
Cabernets Sauvignons : from the 3rd to 10 october
100% manual harvest with sorting on the vine and two sortings before destemming on harvest conveyor.
100% new barrel ageing for 16 to 18 months.