Very intense crimson colour. Aromas of black fruit, liquorice and violet mixed with subtle notes of vanilla and nutmeg. Immense on the palate, smooth and robust at the same time. A true dimension and magnificent balance with a long, velvety and fruit-filled finish. The first tastings in barrels encourage us to say that we are not far from the best vintages of Château Arnauld.
APPELLATION:Haut-Médoc – Cru Bourgeois
– 17,2 hectares of vines
– Soil: a deep layer of Quaternary Gunzian gravel on the Arcins plateau, near the Gironde estuary, which moderates weather conditions here
– Planting density: 10 000 vines per hectare.
– Average age of vines: 40 years old.
– 70% Cabernet Sauvignon provides structure, aromas and fruitiness
– 20% Merlot gives roundness and richness
– 10% Petit Verdot that offers colour, structure and freshness.
– 45% Cabernet Sauvignon
– 53% Merlot
– 2% de Petit Verdot
100% manual harvest with sorting on the vine and two sortings before destemming on harvest conveyor.
100% new barrel ageing for 16 to 18 months.
from 27 September to 20 October