Very deep, dark ruby, almost black with deep purple refl ections. Nose of white pepper, cigar, ash with some nutty notes (pecan, hazelnut).
The palate is very dense and powerful, marked by Cabernet Sauvignon tannins of great fi nesse. Plenty of tightness in this vintage, which remains one of the greatest successes of this growth.
To be decanted 2 hours before tasting
Enjoy from now until 2025-2030
APPELLATION:Haut-Médoc – Cru Bourgeois
– 5 hectares of vines
– Soil: a deep layer of Quaternary Gunzian gravel on the Arcins plateau, near the Gironde estuary, which moderates weather conditions here
– Planting density: 10 000 vines per hectare
– Average age of vines: 40 years old.
– 64% Cabernet Sauvignon provides structure, aromas and fruitiness
– 36% Merlot gives roundness and richness.
This vintage contained the highest percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon since Château Arnauld was relaunched.
100% manual harvest with sorting on the vine and two sortings before destemming on harvest conveyor.
100% new barrel ageing for 16 to 18 months.
HARVEST START DATE: from 1 to 18 october