Garnet colour of good intensity, good clarity with some slight indications of development towards a more ruby hue. Still closed on the nose but
starting to show some spicy notes (turmeric, vanilla, cinnamon). Full, fresh and round on the palate with tannins of very great fi nesse still to be integrated and fi nishing with nice smoked, grilled notes.
To be decanted 2 hours before tasting.
Enjoy from now until 2022-20250.
APPELLATION:Haut-Médoc – Cru Bourgeois
– 17,2 hectares of vines
– Soil: a deep layer of Quaternary Gunzian gravel on the Arcins plateau, near the Gironde estuary, which moderates weather conditions here
– Planting density: 10 000 vines per hectare.
– Average age of vines: 40 years old.
– 70% Cabernet Sauvignon provides structure, aromas and fruitiness
– 20% Merlot gives roundness and richness
– 10% Petit Verdot that offers colour, structure and freshness.
– 63% Cabernet Sauvignon
– 27% Merlot
– 10% Petit Verdot
100% manual harvest with sorting on the vine and two sortings before destemming on harvestconveyor.
100% new barrel ageing for 16 to 18 months.
HARVEST START DATE:
from 4 to 6 October