Deep ruby colour of good intensity. Aromas of slightly acidic red fruit like red currant, strawberry and fresh plum. Pleasant and juicy on the palate,
full bodied with a very supple tannic structure that gives a generous side to this wine.
The second wine of Château Arnauld, it has all the charm with more restrained power.
– 17,2 hectares of vines
– Soil: a deep layer of Quaternary Gunzian gravel on the Arcins plateau, near the Gironde estuary, which moderates weather conditions here
– Planting density : 10 000 vines per hectare
– Average age of vines: 40 years old.
– 70% Cabernet Sauvignon provides structure, aromas and fruitiness
– 20% Merlot gives roundness and richness
– 10% Petit Verdot that offers colour, structure and freshness.
– 36% Cabernet Sauvignon
– 61% Merlot
– 3% Petit Verdot
Classic three week initial fermentation. Aged in oak barrels for 12 to 14 months.