Very deep, dark ruby colour with nice shimmering reflections. The nose combines notes of beeswax, cinnamon stick, Madagascar vanilla and liquorice. The palate is marked by an almost perfect balance and overall indulgence. The finish is already smooth, with complex aromas of black fruit, bramble. A vintage that is already attractive with its harmonious, smooth and very aromatic profile.
To be decanted 2 hours before tasting
Enjoy from now until 2024-2028
– 17,2 hectares of vines
– Soil: a deep layer of Quaternary Gunzian gravel on the Arcins plateau, near the Gironde estuary, which moderates weather conditions here
– Planting density: 10 000 vines per hectare
– Average age of vines: 40 years old.
– 70% Cabernet Sauvignon provides structure, aromas and fruitiness
– 20% Merlot gives roundness and richness
– 10% Petit Verdot that offers colour, structure and freshness
– 35% Cabernet Sauvignon
– 65% Merlot
100% manual harvest with sorting on the vine and two sortings before destemming on harvest
conveyor. 100% new barrel ageing for 16 to 18 months.