Deep ruby colour with nice garnet tints, good brightness. Aromas of wild strawberry and bilberry blended with subtle spicy notes like cinnamon and attractive floral notes such as violet. The attack on the palate is round, almost spherical, while remaining airy thanks to the good acidity. A good tannic framework, already well integrated. The finish, also round and full, is elegant, long and indulgent. A wine characterised by its quiet strength, its harmony and its balance.
APPELLATION:Haut-Médoc – Cru Bourgeois
– 17,2 hectares of vines
– Soil: a deep layer of Quaternary Gunzian gravel on the Arcins plateau, near the Gironde estuary, which moderates weather conditions here
– Planting density: 10 000 vines per hectare
– Average age of vines: 40 years old.
– 70% Cabernet Sauvignon provides structure, aromas and fruitiness
– 20% Merlot gives roundness and richness
– 10% Petit Verdot that offers colour, structure and freshness.
– 45% Cabernet Sauvignon
– 51% Merlot
– 4% Petit Verdot
100% manual harvest with sorting on the vine and two sortings before destemming on harvest conveyor.
100% new barrel ageing for 16 to 18 months.
The Merlots were picked between 18 September (for the earliest-ripening plots) and 26 September, the Petit Verdots on 27 September and the Cabernet Sauvignons between 28 September and 3 October.